JCategory Scroller Doc
Listed below is a detailed explanation of all of the features of the Virtuemart Jcarousel Product Scroller. Click on a link to the left to find your topic or simply scroll down to the page.
Getting Started Notes:
These are some things to take note of before you get started:
- You MUST have a link to the Virtuemart Component on a menu somewhere for the module to use. This menu link does not have to be visible. You can use a menu whose mod_menu is not published. This link must be to Virtuemart Component mainpage - not to a category or other type of Virtuemart page. There is a post in the Support Forum which details how a hidden link can be created.
- The width and height of the scroller is automatically calculated. It is a combination of the width and height of the images, the number of images to show during scroll, the title height, and padding. More information about this is below.
- The width and height of the images are set by the scroller attributes. Images which are less than or larger than the specifications in the scroller will be adjusted to match the scroller settings. More information about this below.
- The Title Height option is key to showing all the data such as Title, Add-to-Cart button, Price, and short description. If one or more of these items is not showing, then increase your title height. See below for a description of Title Height.
Product Identification Number of the Products that are to be shown in the scoller (separated by ,). It is very important that there are not any spaces in the list of product ID's and that each one is separated by a ",".
This option indicates whether to show the scroller Vertical or Horizontal.
This option indicates whether to display Thumbnails or Full size images. If Thumbnails are chosen, no title will be shown.
The Width of the images that will be displayed. Must match up with the Thumb or Full option above. NOTE: For Horizontal Scrollers: The width specified here, plus 5 pixels will be multiplied by the number of Visible items specified below. That number plus 80 pixels will be used to determine the width of the entire scroller. For example if image width is 150 and Visible is set to 4, the calculation would be 150 + 5 = 155. 155 x 4 = 620. 620 + 80 = 700. The entire scroller would be 700 pixels. For Vertical Scrollers: The width specified here, plus 40 pixels will be the height.
The Height of the images that will be displayed. Must match up with the Thumb or Full option above. NOTE: For Vertical Scrollers: The height specified here + the Title Height (Full only) + 5 pixels will be multiplied by the number of Visible items specified below. That number plus 80 pixels will be used to determine the height of the entire scroller. For example if image height is 120, the Ttile height is 30, and Visible is set to 4, the calculation would be 150 + 5 = 155. 155 x 4 = 620. 620 + 80 = 700. The entire scroller would be 700 pixels tall. For Horizontal Scrollers: The height specified here, plus the Title Height (Full only), plus 40 pixels will be the height.
The Height allowed for the product name to be displayed. Only used if the Full option is chosen above. This value should include the height of the category description if it is selected (see below).
The Number of Products that scroll by the window at one time. If Visible is set to 4 and this is set to 3, then the product all the way to the right will move all the way to the left and remain in view each time the display is scrolled.
The Number of Products that are visible in the scroll window at one time. This along with the image width and or height will determine the size of the scroller.
This is the number of seconds to wait before advancing the scroller. If this is set to zero (0), no auto scrolling will occur.
This is how fast the items appear to scroll by the window. Try both and see which one better suits your needs.
This option tells the Carousel what to do when the listed products have all been shown.
- Null - stop scrolling and disable the Next button.
- First - when the user scrolls all the way to the first item, scroll all the way to the bottom and continue to scroll up.
- Last - when the user scrolls all the way to the last item, scroll all the way to the top and continue to scroll down.
- Both - when the user scrolls all the way to the end (first or last item), scroll all the way to the opposite end and continue to scroll.
- Circular - emulates a true circular carousel. This option works very simular to Both but the images do not scroll by when returning to the opposite end (NOTE: circular only works for Horizontal carousels. If Vertical is specified above, this option will be converted to Both. Also, the short description, price and add to cart options will not work with circular).
This is a number that you can use to allow multiple instances of a scroller on the same page. The valid values are 0 - 9. This allows up to 10 instances of the scroller on each page. If more than 10 per page are needed, we can guide you on how to increase this number.
This is whether to show the short description under the title filed or not. This height needs to be included in the Title Height above.